Ergin Şafak Dikmen, PhD
I received my PhD degree from Graduate School of Social Sciences of Ankara University with my thesis entitled “The New Media Ecosystem of Turkish Television Broadcasting”. My animation projects were screened in many cities such as Istanbul, Ankara and Berlin. I worked in different advertisement companies and in research centers as a CGI designer. Since 2011 I have been working in Ankara University, Faculty of Communication. I’m the founder and coordinator of New Media Research Lab (NETlab). My French and English are not bad :). My research area focus on new media, TV 2.0 ecosystem and technologies, free Software, media archaeology, data visualisation, Animation, digital games and eSports.
- Kiyan Z., Dikmen E. Ş (2018). Past, Present, Future of advertising: A Study on the Role of Social Media in Advertising. 16th International Symposium
Communication in the Millennium.
- Dikmen E. Ş (2018). Video Sharing Strategies of Higher Education Institutions: A Research on Universities YouTube Channels in Turkey. 16th International Symposium Communication in the Millenium.
- Dikmen E. Ş (2018). The Development of Digital Games and Social Media Extensions. International Child and Information Safety Congress “Digital Games”.
- Dikmen E. Ş (2017). Child, Digital Game and the Media Industry. International Child and Information Safety.
- Dikmen E. Ş (2015). Immersive Media in Wim Wenders PİNA 3D. The Real and the Intermedial – XVI. International Film and Media Studies Conference in Transilvania.
- Dikmen E. Ş (2013). Integration of Television With New Media Platforms, [Is It Real?] International Semiotic Conference – Structuring Reality by Means of Signs.
- Dikmen E. Ş (2012). The multimedia adaptation strategies of Turkish Television Channel. ECREA European Media and Communication Doctoral Summer School
- Dikmen Ergin Şafak, Özaygen A., Binark F. M., Toktaş S. (2012). Digital Surveillance in Turkey: From a Citizen Number to an E-Identity Card, The Quantitative Physicalness of The Citizen, Visualist2012 – International Congress on Visual Culture Congress.
- Akşak Ö E., Dikmen E. Ş. ve İnce L. Y. (2019) Trends in Game Studies: Theoretical Perspectives and the Role of Communication Technologies. New Media Studies IV. Cngress 4-5 2019 October İzmir
- Dikmen E. Ş. (2018). Globalization and Localisation in Digital Game Industry: Hybrid Games. 35th National Informatics Congress.
- Dikmen E. Ş. (2018). Operational Level Cyber Security Serious Game Concept Development Workshop. NATO Science and Technology Organization – TRG SAS-129 “Gamification of Cyber Defense and Resilience” Working Group.
- Dikmen E. Ş. (2018). Use of New Communication Technologies in Social Responsibility Projects: Mobil Application in Dog Training. Living with a dog Workshop.
- Dikmen E. Ş., Evrim A. C. (2018). Transformation of Museums in the Internet Age: New Times and Public Relations Conference.
- Dikmen E. Ş., Evrim A. C. (2018). New Education Environment in the Internet Age: Interactive Digital Museums. Academic Informatics Conference 2018.
- Dikmen E. Ş. (2017). Development of Communication Technologies and mapping the new media ecosystem: www.newmediaecology.com. 22. Conference of the Internet in Turkey.
- Dikmen E. Ş. (2016). New Media Strategies of Television Broadcasting in Turkey. 21.
Conference of the Internet in Turkey.
- Dikmen E. Ş. (2013). Audience Measurement and Surveillance in Television 2.0. Digital Surveillance Awareness Panel.
- Dikmen E. Ş., Binark F. M., Toktaş S., Özaygen A. (2011). Digital Embodiment of Citizens in Turkey. 4th Network and Information safety Simpozium.
- Dikmen E. Ş, Alkım Ö, Binark F. M., Toktaş S. (2010). From Turkish citizenship number to Electronic ID Digital Embodiment of Citizen. 12th National Social Science Congress.
- Kiyan, Z. & Dikmen, E. (2019). The Role of Social Media in Advertising: An Examination on Instagram. Ankara Üniversitesi İlef Dergisi, 6(1): Doi:10.24955/ilef.554036
- Dikmen, E . (2019). The Evolution Of Digital Game Industry From 1980 To 2017 And Creation Of Artificial Life Cycles. Journal Of Selcuk Communication, 12 (1), 294-311. DOI: 10.18094/josc.470961
- Dikmen, E. (2018). Video Sharing Strategies of Higher Education Institutions: A research on Universities YouTube Channels in Turkey. Ankara University İlef Dergisi, 5(2): 29-52 Doi:10.24955/ilef.491648.
- Dikmen, E. (2017). Transformation of Television Broadcasting in Turkey: Social TV Broadcasting. Gümüşhane University Faculty of Communication Electronic Journal, 5(1), 425-448., Doi:10.19145/gumuscomm.283117
- Dikmen, E. Ş (2019) Data Visualization in Science 2.0. H. Hülür ve C. Yaşın (der.) Twitter Researches (141-164). Ankara: Ütopya ISBN: 6059378710
- Go To => Zafer Kıyan & Ergin Şafak Dikmen (2019). Using Twitter as a Tool to Conduct Research: Possibilities and Limitations. Twitter: Global Perspectives, Uses and Research Techniques. Innocent Chiluwa ve Gwen Bouvier (.der), NewYork: Nova Science Publishers. ISBN: 978-1-53615-307-1
- Go To => Toktaş S., Binark F. M., Dikmen E.Ş., Fidaner, I. B, Kuzeci E.,Özaygen A., (2012). Digital Surveillance in Turkey, Alternatif Bilişim Derneği, ISBN:978-605-62169-2-3.
- Dikmen E.Ş. (2012). 4th European Communication Conference (ECREA 2012) 24-27 October 2012. Communication Research Journal, 9(1-2), 221-223.
- Dikmen E.Ş. (2010). ECREA European Media and Communication Doctoral Summer School. Communication Research Journal, 8(2), 161-163.
- 2019-2021 – The Adaptation Process of Refugee Children: The Effectiveness of Psycho-educational Games and Virtual Reality Therapy, TUBİTAK 1001, Projects founded by the Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey, (Researcher).
- 2014-2015 – From Television Broadcasting to New Media Interface, Digital Interactive Map, Projects founded by higher education institutions, 03/03/2014 – 03/03/2015, (Researcher)
- 2010 –Digital Archive and Documentation Projects, Projects founded by higher education institutions, (Researcher).